Happy New Year! Hopefully you had a chance to attend or watch the replay of the Q2 FY18 NextWave Huddle webinar. We covered a lot of content, so I encourage you to take the time to review the presentation and watch the replay.
Q1 FY18 was a quarter to remember. We had a major competitive milestone, we made two coveted Fortune lists (The Future 50 and The Top 50 Change World), and at our Investor Day, we outlined our third evolution, resulting in a $5 billion boost in total addressable market.
From a channels perspective, we had 316 partners grow greater than 100 percent year-over-year, our top 20 revenue generating partners grew more than 70 percent, and we had 4,000 partner individuals earn either a sales or technical certification. Simply astounding channels momentum.
We had two guest speakers join the NextWave Huddle. Dean Darwin talked about the massive joint public cloud opportunity in front of us. Make sure to register for our Epic Cloud Security Event on February 6, 2018 and check out our Public Cloud Specialization.
Abby Collins talked about a new renewals initiative and the importance of protecting our install base. As part of this initiative, you can now see your renewal opportunities 365-days in advance. Visit the Partner Portal to look for those PA-4000 and PA-5000 renewals that are ideal for a PA-5260 upsell.
We closed out the webinar with our Q2 need to know items. Here are a few highlights:
- Earn $500 per Traps deal with Secure Up the Endpoint Promotion (ends January 19, 2018).
- All Diamond and Platinum partners must be Traps Specialized by July 31, 2018 to be NextWave compliant. Use our new Traps Learning Guide to help expedite your completion of this task.
- Have you earned your CYBERFORCE membership? If not, you have until January 31, 2018 to do so. Not sure how close you are to earning your CYBERFORCE membership, check your status here. (Note: if you are already a CYBERFORCE member your status is good for 2018.)
- Phase one of the Get Behind the Wheel promotion ends January 31, 2018. We will recognize our grand prize winner, the partner who led the most Ultimate Test Drives, with a Sonos Playbar television speaker.
- To stay up to date on the latest security trends and our views, including my view on how the cloud will accelerate partner migration to next-generation security innovators, read our 2018 blog predictions series.
With a new year comes resolutions. Resolve to follow NextWavePartner on Twitter as you won’t want to miss our top 10 NextWave partner resolutions for 2018.
My New Year’s resolution is to listen more and act faster. This will begin with our Annual Partner Satisfaction Survey. Nearly 4,000 partners completed the survey and I look forward to presenting our action plan based on your feedback in our Q3 FY18 NextWave Huddle in March.
Here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2018!