The world may feel flatter than ever, but the need to “think globally, act locally” is still a critical element to business success. That’s why we recently changed our quarterly webcast format to offer two regionally focused NextWave Huddles. If you missed your region’s NextWave Huddle, I encourage you to watch the replay (Americas & EMEA, APAC & Japan) and review the presentation (Americas & EMEA, APAC & Japan).
Together we are changing cybersecurity, from the endpoint across the network to the cloud. Our channel strategy is focused on building an ecosystem of next-generation security innovators – experts at enhancing our Next-Generation Security Platform. Best of all, the leading indicators are showing our strategy is working as we continue to generate solid momentum:
- Business Momentum: In Q3 FY17, revenue grew 25% year over year.
- Customer Momentum: New customer adds in Q3 were the second highest in company history. We now serve more than 39,500 customers, including approximately 17,000 WildFire subscribers and more than 1,000 Traps customers.
- Channel Momentum: We had more than 290 partners grow their Palo Alto Networks practice more than 100% year over year; partners led more than 1,500 Security Lifecycle Reviews (risk assessments) and achieved more than 3,500 individual certifications.
We are far from done. In fact, this is just the beginning of what we can accomplish together. To help you continue to maximize our partnership, let me share my key takeaways from the Q4 FY17 NextWave Huddles:
- Close the Quarter Strong: We had more than 3,500 customers and partners from around the world join us in Vancouver this month for Ignite ‘17. At the event, we unveiled the security model of the future, which included more innovation, sharing, automation, software, flexibility and ease of deployment. We backed up our vision by making several key announcements, including the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework and the GlobalProtect cloud service. Leverage the Ignite ‘17 momentum to engage our mutual customers.Customer migration from legacy AV endpoints to advanced endpoints (Traps) is happening at a rapid pace. To help you capitalize on this market transition, we unveiled Traps v4.0. This latest version adds macOS and Android (beta) support, plus six new prevention modules all at a new price point. We have also added a new Traps virtual demonstration lab, allowing you to easily highlight Traps prevention capabilities. Differentiate yourself in the market – become Traps Specialized today.
- Invest in Success: We want to help you strengthen your demonstration capabilities. With our Invest in Success NFR promotion, you can save 35% off the NFR SKU on the PA-850, PA-3000 Series, PA-5000 Series and PA-5220, if you purchase before July 22.
- CYBERFORCE Promos: We have two exclusive CYBERFORCE promos running in Q4. The first promo is the CYBERXccelerator, providing partners new ways to earn XPs (experience points). Based on a peer review, partners can earn up to three XPs per opportunity. The second promo is the Commander PA-220. The first 20 partners to earn Commander status in Q4 get a free PA-220. As a reminder CYBERFORCE is not a program you sign up for – you earn your way into CYBERFORCE. Start earning today.
Our Sales Kickoff (SKO18) is rapidly approaching (August 21–24). And, as valued members of our global sales team, I wish we had room to invite all of you to join us in Las Vegas, but we don’t, which is why registration is first-come, first-served. When you get your invite, register immediately. You will not want to miss this opportunity. See you in Vegas!
Let’s continue to build on our momentum together so we close the quarter and year strong.